Leisure Assistant (Level 1)
All sites, (Hampton, Premier Fitness, Jack Hunt, Regional, Werrington, Bushfield)
Various full and part time hours available.
Are you passionate about fitness and leisure and focused on creating an excellent customer experience? Be part of the future of leisure in Peterborough!
What can we offer you?
- Expertise – learn from our team of highly experienced leisure experts.
- Development – enhance your career through training opportunities and new qualifications.
- Employee benefits – free gym membership and discounted memberships for family/friends, money saving schemes, support services, pension and life assurance.
Applicants who do not currently hold a valid NPLQ certificate will be expected to gain this qualification within 12 weeks of joining. We will assist you in obtaining this qualification and we are happy to discuss this with you during your interview.
Job roles and responsibilities:
- To ensure the delivery of high quality customer focused leisure services
- To ensure public supervision of swimming pools, gyms and other dry side facilities.
- To monitor areas utilised by the general public in accordance with procedures set down by the company’s operating procedures
- To assist with duties across leisure sites including but not limited to reception, cleaning and swim school
- Operate the leisure facilities in accordance with the companies Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan.
- Prepare facilities in accordance with the daily rota, cleaning specification and the Duty Manager’s instructions.
- Provide lifeguard duties across designated swimming pools.
- Regularly patrol the gym area on rota and ensure all areas of the leisure facility and machines are clean and in good working order.
- To patrol outside areas as directed by the Duty Manager
- Set up and take down equipment as required
- To take bookings and collect fees and other monies using the computerised cash register and on screen booking
- To report any damage or malfunction of any equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager immediately it is discovered.
- Report any health and safety matters immediately to the Duty Manager and undertake any remedial action.
- Assist in general preparation for outside events and activities.
- Ensure and embody high standards of customer care at all times
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for all our customers.
- Undertake any other duties as and when requested by the Duty Manager.
- To work the necessary shift patterns to ensure the service is appropriately staffed at all times
- Any other duties as assigned
Experience in delivering great customer service (E)
Experience of working in the Leisure, hospitality or well-being sector (D)
Experience of working in a service delivery customer focused environment (D)
Experience in dealing with difficult customers (D)
Experience of working across multiple sites (D)
Experience of working with cash and till system (D)
Ability to quickly learn new skills (E)
A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Pools) or ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (E)
GCSEs C grade or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths (D)
A First Aid at Work qualification or willingness and ability to gain (with support from the company) in 12 weeks (E)
An enhanced DBS check (E)
A full valid driving license or ability to easily get to all facilities (E)
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (D)
Understand the importance of Health and Safety and its application (E)
Understand of the importance of and commitment to Equalities and Diversity and its application (E)
Great Customer Service (E)
Flexibility in working, including evening, weekend and Bank Holiday working on a shift rota basis (E)
Effective interpersonal skills (E)
A good team worker (E)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
A positive can do attitude (E)
A passion for leisure and fitness services (E)
Vivacity is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will undertake relevant checks including DBS checks where appropriate and this role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure